We're here to help 🧡
The easiest way to contact us is to send us a message from the message bubble on the bottom right side of the screen. Our team typically responds with in a few hours or the next day if it's after business hours.
Find our most common questions below
Pod Bean Bags
What is the Remy Pod made of?
The Pod is made from three different components: the outer cover, inner liner, and filling.
- Outer Cover: Cotton / Spandex Blend
- Inner Liner: Polyester / Spandex
- Bead Fill: Frictionless, High Density EPS Beads Filling.
The Pod Bean Bag and Footrest are made and assembled in the United States.
How do I refill my Pod?
After a few months of use it's normal for bean bags to go flat. We use high quality beads that last longer than any other bean bag, however even our beads can go flat after some time. This is why we offer bead top up options. Once you have ordered and received your Pod Refill it is a breeze.
Simply unzip the liner, which is found underneath the Pod cover, and add the extra beads until you reach the desired level of firmness. We recommend starting with about 1/2 of the beads that come with your Refill bag and adding more as needed. Remember to zip the liner securely back up before returning the cover to your Pod.
What are the care instructions?
The cover of the Remy Pod is removable and machine washable for easy cleaning. Simply unzip the cover and remove it from the Pod. We recommend washing it in cold water and hanging it to dry to ensure it retains its shape and color.
If the inner liner requires cleaning we recommend spot cleaning only. Use a damp cloth with mild soap to gently clean the affected area. Avoid using harsh chemicals or solvents. If your entire bean bag needs cleaning, we recommend using a professional cleaning service.
You can read more about keeping your Pod fresh on our Care Guide.
Is there a weight limit for your Pods?
Nope! Many of our customers will have two or even three people sitting on one Pod without any issues.
Is assembly required for the Remy Pod?
Not one bit! Your Pod will be delivered in a large box and will be covered in plastic wrap. Make sure to carefully unpack it. Don't use a sharp object to open the box because it could pierce the Pod.
Once unpacked it's ready to be used!
Do you offer customisation options for the Pod?
At the moment the only customisation options we offer are size and colour of the Pod. You may also add a Footrest to your order to enhance your experience.
We will be releasing new cover types in the near future. These covers will be interchangeable with the current covers we have.
What is the science behind weighted blankets?
Weighted blankets use Deep Pressure Therapy (DPT), which evenly distributes a gentle weight and pressure on the body to mimic the sensation of being swaddled.There’s a reason hugs feel like they can work magic.
When you’re feeling anxious, your autonomic nervous system (which regulates your bodily functions like heart rate, respiratory rate and digestion) either sends your body into ‘fight or flight’ (stress) or rest mode. The application of pressure therapy tells it to go into “rest” mode, reducing some of the symptoms of anxiety like quickened heart rate and breathing.
The evenly applied weight stimulates the production of serotonin (happiness hormone), reduces cortisol (stress hormone) and increases melatonin (sleep hormone).
On the Sleeper Blanket, what is your 360° zipper fastening system?
After months of testing we've improved the biggest challenge with weighted blankets – even weight distribution.
Instead of using only loops and ties we now use a 360° zipper system on all of our adult weighted blankets. This system allows you to easily attach our outer covers to the weighted blanket insert. So now you can remove your cover quickly and with perfect weight distribution.
Can a weighted blanket be used with a duvet?
This is a great question and we get a lot of people asking this!
You can use your weighted blanket in a multitude of ways. We've designed it to be used on it's own. However, you can use it under or over your duvet as well if you're looking for extra warmth.
Our Weighted Blanket comes with a removable cover so you can put it in the wash. Just like a regular duvet.
Is a weighted blanket suitable for my child?
We recommend our weighted blanket for children over the age of 3.
If your child is younger than 3 we would not recommend our weighted blankets.
Please read our reasons on why we don't recommend our Junior weighted blanket for babies and young toddlers:
- Too risky - we recommend parents follow the latest "safe sleeping" advice from the NHS and the Lullaby Trust. For babies read this advice and for young children see here.
- Too heavy - a weighted blanket should be around 8-14% of a person's body weight. Our Junior weighted blanket is created with 3 kg and 5 kg weight options only. Toddlers may not have the strength to remove a weighted blanket themselves when it covers their face which can lead to breathing difficulties. For that reason, we do not recommend a weighted blanket for children under the age of 3.
- Too warm - our Junior weighted blanket has a 100% cotton exterior to help keep your child feel comfortable whatever the season. However, babies and young toddlers are not fully able to regulate their body temperature. Using a weighted blanket on too young children could mean their bodies may overheat.
Our Junior weighted blanket is sized 120 x 180cm which is suitable for children as they grow into teenagers. Once they are over the age of 12 an adult weighted blanket may be better suited for them.
What are the care instructions?
The Sleeper is used like a duvet, so doesn't require washing regularly. Most of the time only the removable Sleeper Covers will be washed.
However, if washing is required we recommend hand-washing or dry cleaning your Sleeper. The Sleepers don't play nice with washing machines because of their weight.
The cosy plush cover is removable and machine washable. Wash in cold water (30°C) with like colours on a delicate cycle.
Tumble dry on low and iron on low if needed.
The airy bamboo cover is removable and machine washable. Wash in cold water (30°C) with like colours on a delicate cycle.
Because of the delicate bamboo fibres we recommend hang drying. Iron on low if needed.
Wash separately in cool water (30°C), on a delicate or permanent-press cycle.
Tumble dry on low. Avoid hanging the Lounger to dry as this can stretch out it's lovely loops. It can take more than one cycle to be fully dried.
We recommend a 30° setting for a regular wash. If your child has been sick or soiled the blanket, you can wash the cover on a 40° wash, however, we don't recommend a hotter wash than 40° as it may damage the cover. Use a mild detergent, skip the bleach and fabric softener. Only tumble dry on low heat.
The Weighted Insert
Spot clean only. However, if there is a need for a thorough wash you may take it to the dry cleaner. The dry cleaner should use the "P" cleaning process for the weighted insert. You can inform the dry cleaner that the weighted blanket should be handled like a delicate item due to the glass beads inside its layers.
Orders & Shipping
How long will it take to receive my order?
Our Pods and related products are all manufactured in the United Kingdom. Most of the time we have stock ready to ship, however sometimes due to high demand we make-to-order.
Depending on where you are we say 5 - 10 business days.
Our Weighted Blankets and related products items are delivered with in 2 - 5 business days.
Do you offer any discounts for bulk orders?
Yes! If you're looking for 4 or more Pods we can offer a bulk discount. Please reach out to us via our support channels and we will be able to help you with this.
Where do you currently ship?
From this website we only ship to the United Kingdom
For shipping to the United States and Canada please shop from our North American site - www.weareremy.com
What shipping carriers do you use?
We utilise DPD and Royal Mail for all our UK orders.
What's your returns policy?
We have a returns and exchanges window for all of our products. Please see below the specific return period for each product. We offer free returns for our Weighted Blankets for UK mainland customers. If you are outside of the UK the postage needs to be paid by you. For our Pod items at this moment we do no offer free returns.
Weighted Blankets and related products:
- Our Weighted Blankets (Sleeper, Lounger, Junior) can be returned within 100 days of receiving your order. Covers purchased with your Weighted Blanket are also covered under the 100-night trial.
- When returning Weighted Blankets and/or Covers, they must be undamaged and in like-new condition. The same applies when returning items for an exchange.
- They must be returned in their original cover bags - this is the cream coloured linen drawstring bag the Weighted Blanket comes in. Feel free to keep the orange tote bag if you've received one. The original shipping box is not necessary, only the cover bag.
- For Covers and Pillowcases that are purchased at a later date, a 14-day return policy applies. These products must be unused and in their original packaging.
- Returns and exchanges are free for the above-mentioned products. Our returns partner is Collect+. (Kindly note, free returns & exchanges are currently only available to customers from mainland UK)
The Pod and related products:
- Our Pod comes with a 30-day trial which starts when you receive your order.
- We can offer a free exchange of the Pod cover, but if you wish to return the Pod, we kindly ask that you cover the shipping cost (approx. £30).
- We would recommend sending the return with Parcel Force, but of course, you can choose your own courier.
- We only offer refunds to the original payment method used when placing the order.
- For exchanges, the same policy above applies. If the new item you are after costs more or less than the originally purchased item we will send you an invoice/refund of the difference.
Follow the link HERE to begin your return/exchange.